Student Learning Expectations
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
Our Schoolwide Learning Expectations at St. Pius V Catholic School are to help each child develop his/her innate talents and potential. Your child will strive to meet these expectations throughout his or her development, bringing them to fruition upon graduating from St. Pius V Catholic School.
We are Builders of the Kingdom of God who:
- Demonstrate respect for God and others through our words and actions.
- Express an understanding of our Catholic faith.
- Pray daily and know the basic prayers.
- Practice our roles as disciples of Jesus through service.
- Actively participate in the Mass and other prayerful celebrations.
We are Responsible, Active Learners who:
- Demonstrate goal-setting, organization, responsibility, and effort.
- Apply skills and concepts of the curriculum to the best of our ability.
- Communicate effectively through listening, critical thinking, writing, and speaking.
- Use technology in a collaborative, responsible, capable, and ethical way.
- Develop and use our talents by participating in a variety of art forms.
We are Respectful Individuals who:
- Demonstrate self-discipline, respect for authority, and responsibility for our actions.
- Treat others with kindness and recognize that Christ is in each of us.
- Actively care for the environment.
- Discuss current events and social issues, and how they affect people’s lives.
We are Healthy Individuals who:
- Demonstrate self-confidence through a positive attitude and active participation.
- Identify and make good choices regarding diet, hygiene, and physical activity.
- Express our emotions appropriately.