Fr. Paw Lwin, Administrator
Mrs. Sandy Lewis, Principal
Mr. Michael Chavez, CSB President
Mrs. Marianne Hatherill, Assistant Principal
Mr. Anthony Castaneda Vice- President
|What is the CSB?
The CSB is an advisory board to the Pastor and Principal in the administration of our school. The CSB, therefore, functions as a link between the Pastor, Principal and the School community. Who serves on the CSB?
In addition to the Pastor, Administration, and PPTO President, the CSB is comprised of school parents, parishioners, alumni, and community members. CSB members serve at the invitation of the school administration. However, interested parties are encouraged to submit a Letter of Interest describing their reasons for wishing to serve on the CSB.What type of CSB member is St. Pius V Catholic school looking for?
CSB members are expected to:
What is the Committee Structure of the CSB?
- Actively sustain interest in and commitment to our school;
- Be available to attend meetings and participate in committee work;
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality in dealing with all CSB business;
- Possess the ability to focus on the good of the entire school community;
- Be a credible witness of the Catholic faith (or one's own religion) to the school community and beyond.
The CSB is made up of five committees, each with a different focus:
What is the length of the term of service on the CSB?
- The Development Committee, whose long-term goal is to assist in the recruitment and retention of students, as well as enhancing the school's ability to provide a strong spiritual and academic program by administering the Annual Fund and Planned Giving programs.
- The Marketing & Communications Committee focuses on internal and external communications needs and promotes collaborative communication within the school and parish community. From parish bulletin announcements to newspaper ads to the Annual Report, this committee ensures that the good work of St. Pius V Catholic School does not go unnoticed.
- The Finance Committee, among other tasks, works with the Pastor and school administration to prepare and present the annual budget and determine the distribution of Tuition Assistance.
- The Mission & Faith Development Committee builds, strengthens, and protects the Catholic identity of St. Pius V Catholic School. The members of this committee coordinate monthly volunteer efforts in the parish, particularly our weekend Mass reading and Coffee & Donuts events.
- The Strategic Planning Committee's members are responsible for maintaining the forward momentum of the CSB through strong monitoring of the implementation of the CSB's goals, and by planning for the recruitment of new members.
Officers serve for a term of three (3) years. Committee members serve for two (2) years.Interested parties may submit a Letter of Interest to Mrs. Lewis via the school office, or email:firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hatherill (714-522-5313 ext. 117 email@example.com).